The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina is a sequel to Thumbelina (1994 film), The Brave Little Toaster (film), Monsters, Inc., Corduroy (book), My Little Pony: Meet the Ponies, G3: Positively Pink, Pinkie Pie's Ferris Wheel Adventure & Sweetie Belle's Gum House Surprise
A lonely old woman longs for a child, and is given a seed by a good fairy. The old woman names the boy Lumbelina Thumbelina and raises his as his own.
a toaster oven and a leader of a group of appliances consisting of an antique radio, Radio and all of the ponies who belong to their master, Rob. They wait every day at Rob's log cabin for his return with an increasing sense of abandonment.
The parallel city of Monstropolis is inhabited by monsters and powered by the screams of children in the human world. At the factory of Monsters, Inc., employees called "scarers" venture into children's bedrooms to scare them and collect their screams, using closet doors as portals. This is considered a dangerous task because the monsters believe children are toxic and that touching them would be fatal. However, production is falling as children are becoming harder to scare and the company's chairman Henry J. Waternoose III is determined to find a solution. The top scarer is James P. "Sulley" Sullivan, who lives with his friend and assistant Mike Wazowski and has a rivalry with the ever-determined chameleon-like monster Randall Boggs. During an ordinary day's work on what is known as the "Scarefloor", another scarer accidentally brings a child's sock into the factory, causing the Child Detection Agency (CDA) to arrive and cleanse him. Mike is harassed by the company's clerk Roz for never completing his paperwork on time.
While working late at the factory, Sulley discovers that Randall left an activated door on the scarefloor and a young girl (voiced by Mary Gibbs) has entered the factory, much to Sulley's horror. After a few failed attempts to put her back, he places her in his bag and hides when Randall arrives and returns the door to storage. Mike is at a restaurant on a date with his girlfriend Celia when Sulley comes over to him for help, but chaos erupts when the girl is discovered in the restaurant, and the CDA is called. Sulley and Mike escape the CDA and take the girl home, discovering that she isn't toxic after all.
On their journey, the appliances encounter numerous harrowing adventures where they slowly learn to work together. Shortly after stopping to rest within a forest, a violent storm during nightfall wakes Toaster and the others and blows Blanky up into the trees, and Lampy risks his life by using himself as a lightning rod in an attempt to recharge the group's dead battery. After recovering Blanky, the group tries to cross a waterfall, only to have everyone fall in except for Kirby, who then dives after them and rescues them, and the appliances wash up into the middle of a swamp. After losing both the chair and the battery, the group resorts to pulling a disabled Kirby through the swamp. After almost drowning in a mud hole,
Thumbelina awakens on Mrs. Toad's show boat. Mrs. Toad wants Thumbelina to join their troupe and marry Grundel, who is in love with her. They leave Thumbelina alone on a lily pad in order to fetch a priest, but a friendly swallow, Jacquimo (the narrator of the film), overhears Thumbelina's cries for help and frees her. Jacquimo's friends, the jitterbugs, promise to help Thumbelina get home safely while Jacquimo sets off to find Cornelius. Meanwhile, Cornelius learns of Thumbelina's kidnapping and ventures out to find her.
While trying to get home, Thumbelina is ambushed by Berkeley Beetle, who scares the jitterbugs away. He is enamoured with her singing, and promises to show her the way home if she sings at his Beetle Ball first. Thumbelina agrees, but when she's received poorly at the Beetle Ball, Beetle kicks her out without helping her.
Winter is approaching. Jacquimo accidentally impales his wing on a thorn and is knocked out by the cold, while Cornelius falls into a lake and is frozen in ice. Grundel, who is still searching for Thumbelina, finds Beetle and forces him to help find Thumbelina.
The book tells the story of a teddy bear named Corduroy, displayed on a toy shelf in a department store. One day, a girl named Lisa arrives in the store with her mother and spots the bear. She is willing to buy him, but her mother declines to spend more money and notes that a button is missing from his overalls.
Thumbelina is taken in by Miss Fieldmouse, who tells her that Cornelius has died. The two visit Miss Fieldmouse's neighbor, Mr. Mole who tells them about a dead bird he found in his tunnel earlier that day. It turns out to be Jacquimo, who Thumbelina discovers to be only unconscious. Mr. Mole wishes to marry Thumbelina; heartbroken over Cornelius's death, Thumbelina accepts. Jacquimo awakens under Thumbelina's care and leaves to find Cornelius, refusing to believe that he is dead. Meanwhile, Beetle brings Cornelius's frozen body to Grundel and informs him that Thumbelina is going to marry the Mole. After the two leave to stop the wedding, the young jitterbugs thaw Cornelius's body out.
the owner of an appliance parts store, where they get scared by a group of partially dismantled or disfigured appliances, who have lost hope and await being disassembled and sold. When Radio is taken from the shelf and about to have hisradio tubes extracted, the appliances distract St. Peters and flee to the city, while most of the worn-out appliances escape the appliances parts store and quickly return to their Masters's homes.
The next day, Lisa comes back with the money she had found in her piggy bank and buys Corduroy. At home, she sews a button on his shoulder strap and the book ends with them saying that they had always wanted a friend and hugging each other.
Songs and ScoresEdit
- Monsters, Inc.
- Follow Your Heart (Intro) - Jacquimo
- Thumbelina - Thumbelina, Farm Animals
- Corderoy (intro)
- The Air Conditioner Blows
- We're Going to Find the Master
- City of Light
- The Pond
- Walk to Work
- Sulley and Mike
- Randall Appears
- Enter the Heroes
- The Scare Floor
- Oh, Celia!
- Boo's Adventures in Monstropolis
- Toaster's Nightmare
- Kirby Saves Blankey
- The Steep Cliff by the Waterfall
- On the Road - Mrs. Toad, Thumbelina, Singers de Espana (Los Sapos Guapos)
- Follow Your Heart - Jacquimo, Jitterbugs, Birds
- Yer Beautiful, Baby - Berkeley Beetle, Beetle Chorus
- It's a B-Movie
- The Master
- Corderoy (outro)
- If i Didn't Have You (Instrumental Credits)
- is a sequel to:
- Thumbelina (1994 film)
- The Brave Little Toaster (film)
- Monsters, Inc.
- Corduroy (book)
- My Little Pony: Meet the Ponies
- G3: Positively Pink
- Pinkie Pie's Ferris Wheel Adventure
- Sweetie Belle's Gum House Surprise
- This is the second time in which Jodi Benson, Kenneth Mars and Will Ryan appeared in a film adaption of a fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson, the first being in The Little Mermaid, in which these respective actors voiced Ariel, King Triton and the seahorse, respectively.
- This is, by far, the first animated film to be nominated for a Golden Raspberry Award and the first & only animated film to win a Golden Raspberry Award for worst in film; it won it for the song "Marry the Mole" in the category "Worst Original Song."
- This movie isn't rated by the MPAA whatsoever.
- Jon Lovitz, the voice of Radio, and Phil Hartman, the voice of Air Conditioner, both starred on Saturday Night Live during the making of this film.
- Pops, Fan, Poll Button, Fred Button, a toaster oven, a flashlight, a cardbourd box, air conditioner, Wattson, Melolina, Jacquimo, Unnamed Girls, Unnamed Lego Girl, Scootloo, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Tape Recorder, all of the earth, pegasus & unicorn ponies (from Twinkle Wish Adventure & Positively Pink) Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo & Sweetie Belle (g3) Toola-Roola, Starsong & Radio
- Radio, Wattson, Pops, Tape Recorder & Fan,
- VeggieTales The Early Years 1993-1999 Widescreen
- Larry-Boy! and the Fib from Outer Space! trailer
- Pixar logo
- Luxo Jr. (short film)
- Opening Credits/The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina intro
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 1
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 2
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 3
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 4/Melolina part 6 - Melody gets Kidnapped
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 5/Melolina part 7 - Melody meets Morgana/"On the Road"
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 6/Melolina part 8 - Melody meets Jose Carioca/"Follow Your Heart"
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 7/Melolina part 10 - Melody meets Timon/"You're Beautiful, Baby"
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 8/Melolina part 11 - Sweetie Belle, Scootloo and Apple Bloom Tries to Save Melody/Poor Melody
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 9/Melolina part 12 - Jose Carioca ask for Direction/Timon and Ratigan's Plan
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 10/Melolina part 13 - Jose Carioca asks for more direction
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 11/Melolina part 14 - Melody meets Fluttershy
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 11/Melolina part 15/Melolina part 20 - Apple Bloom, Scootloo and Sweetie Belle
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 11/Melolina part 16
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina part 11/Melolina part 17
- The Adventures of Lumbelina Thumbelina outro
- Closing Credits