Silly Songs with Larry is a regular feature in Big Idea's popular cartoon series VeggieTales. It generally consists of Larry the Cucumber singing either alone or with some of the other Veggie characters. Occasionally, another character or an ensemble is featured in Larry's place. The Silly Songs have proven to be a very popular part of the show and has also prompted the release of several "sing-along" videos that feature compilations of these segments culled from other episodes, wrapped with new material that threads them into a fresh context.
Typically a Silly Song is introduced with a static picture of Larry and an unseen narrator saying, "And now it's time for 'Silly Songs with Larry', the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a Silly Song,". However, this format is used loosely; sometimes it is renamed, adapted to the context of the episode, or eschewed altogether.
The Silly Song, when present, always appears in the middle of an episode, usually at a cliffhanger moment or between two separate segments. The segment either takes place on the familiar countertop which opens and closes most episodes, or is presented in another setting off the countertop. On some videos, the background scenery often appeared as a stage set, behind which electrical outlets and ceramic tile can be seen.
Sometimes a Silly Song is interrupted for comical effect. We see this in "The Water Buffalo Song", "The Dance of the Cucumber", and "The Song of the Cebú".
On a few occasions, the song is stopped and replaced before it can even begin. When this occurs, the brief images that are shown of the original song are intentionally more outlandish than usual, leaving the audience to wonder what it might have been. Examples of this occurring include Madame Blueberry, Lyle the Kindly Viking, Moe and the Big Exit, and Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue.
- "The Water Buffalo Song" (Where's God When I'm S-Scared?)
- "The Hairbrush Song" (Are You My Neighbor?)
- "Dance of the Cucumber" (Rack, Shack, and Benny)
- "I Love My Lips" (Dave and the Giant Pickle)
- "Oh Santa!" (The Toy that Saved Christmas)
- "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" (Very Silly Songs!)
- "The Song of the Cebú" (Josh and the Big Wall!)
- "His Cheeseburger" (Madame Blueberry)
- "The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps" (The End of Silliness?)
- "Endangered Love" aka Barbara Manatee (King George and the Ducky)
- "Larry's High Silk Hat" (Lyle the Kindly Viking)
- "Do the Moo Shoo" (The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown)
- "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything Remix" (Jonah Sing-Along Songs and More!)
- "Bellybutton" (The Ballad of Little Joe)
- "Sport Utility Vehicle" (A Snoodle's Tale)
- "Schoolhouse Polka" (Sumo of the Opera)
- "The Blues with Larry" (Duke and the Great Pie War)
- "Pizza Angel" (Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush)
- "My Baby Elf" (Lord of the Beans)
- "Gated Community" (Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler)
- "Lance the Turtle" (Gideon Tuba Warrior)
- "A Mess Down In Egypt" (Moe and the Big Exit)
- "Monkey" (The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's)
- "The Biscuit of Zazzamarandabo" (Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue)
- "Sneeze if You Need To!" (Abe and the Amazing Promise)
- "Sippy Cup" (Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella)
- "Donuts for Benny" (Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving)
- "Where Have All the Staplers Gone?" (Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't)
- "Pants" (Sweetpea Beauty)
- "Goodnight Junior" (It's a Meaningful Life)
- "Hopperena" (Twas The Night Before Easter)
- "Astonishing Wigs!" (Princess and the Popstar)
- "The Eight Polish Foods Of Christmas" (The Little Drummer Boy)
- "Bubble Rap" (Robin Good and The Not-So-Merry Men and If I Sang a Silly Song)
- "Best Friends Forever" (The Penniless Princess)
- "Supper Hero" (The League of Incredible Vegetables)
- "Happy Toothday" - (The Little House that Stood)
- "Kilts and Stilts" (MacLarry and the Stinky Cheese Battle)
- "Wrapped Myself Up for Christmas" (Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas)
- "Asteroid Cowboy" (Veggies in Space: The Fennel Frontier)
- "Perfect Puppy" (Celery Night Fever)
- "Mac and Cheese" (Beauty and the Beet)
- "My Golden Egg" (Noah's Ark)
Non-existent Silly Songs Edit
In "The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown", The Astonishing Contraption of Silliness malfunctions and brings up non-existent silly song, and Pa Stops the Countdown.
The Dance of the Yodeling Cebu Lips was Mixed with The Dance of the Cucumber, The Yodeling Veternarian of the Alps, The Song of the Cebu & I Love my Lips.
The Song of the Water Buffalo Who Don't Love Cebu with Yodeling Lips is Mixed with The Song of the Cebu, The Water Buffalo Song, The Pirates who don't do Anything, Endangered Love, The Yodeling Veternarian of the Alps, & I Love my Lips.