How Many Veggies:a tub toy tale is the tub toy episode of the VeggieTales animated series. It is also thetub toy episode to talk about forgiveness. It was released in October 2, 1997 on VHS and on May 18, 2004 on DVD and directed by Phil Vischer. It features two short stories The second is a parody of Gilligan's Island. Chris Olsen directed "The Forgive-O-Matic" segment of the video.
The episode opens with Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber on the countertop as usual and Bob remarks that the other day he ran into a boy named "Marco". Marco says that when his little sister does something that makes him upset and then apologizes, his mother says he needs to forgive her. But Marco asks "Why do I have to forgive?" In response, Larry tells a story in How Many Veggies:a tub toy tale
The Forgive o MaticEdit
This episode doesn't have a Silly Song. Instead the Silly Song was replaced with an advertisement starring Scallion #1 for a machine used to predict that God would forgive your sin called "The Forgive-O-Matic." Junior however interrupts the commercial and tries to convince Scallion #1 that he should instead simply ask God for forgiveness. As Scallion #1 tries to re-advertise The Forgive-O-Matic as a julienne fry maker and a Chia model, Junior turns of the lights and camera telling the Scallion to say "Goodnight Gracie" (a reference to the ending line of the Burns and Allen radio and television shows).
How Many Veggies:a tub toy taleEdit
The second segment, "How Many Veggies:a tub toy tale", parodies the first episode of the television classic Gilligan's Island. In this story, Larry the Cucumber plays the part of the ship's first mate who crashes and sinks the ship while daydreaming, thus marooning its passengers and crew on a deserted island. Due to this accident, the passengers hold a grudge against Larry despite his apology which causes him to run away. However, Bob the Tomato, playing the part of the Skipper, realizes the error of their ways and the group forgives Larry for stranding them. Then, a palm tree named Palmy appears and congraulates everyone for their forgiveness and starts to sing "The Forgiveness Song." The cast is finally able to escape the island on a bamboo helicopter cobbled together overnight by the Professor.
The show ends with Qwerty giving out another Bible verse that says, "Forgive others, as The Lord forgave you."
- Bob the Tomato as the captain or the skipper
- Larry the Cucumber as the captain's first mate
- Junior Asparagus as himself
- Scallion #1 as forgive o matic salesmen and passenger
- Henry as the miner of west west virginia
- Dad Asparagus as The Professor
- Mom and Dad Carrot as themselves
- Harry the Parrot as himself
- VeggieTales Friends as passengers and ship's crew
- How Many Veggies:a tub toy tale is a parody of Gilligan's Island and Lucky Duck.
- How Many Veggies is a Veggiecation Book.
- Larry's Lagoon is parodies the first episode of the television classic Gilligan's Island.
- The Forgive-O-Matic is a segment of the video.
- Qwerty's Veres:Jesus Answered, "I Tell You Not Seven Time. -Matthew 18:22
- VeggieTales Theme Song (Old Version and Instrumental)
- Some Veggies Went to Sea, (espanol)
- The Forgiveness Song (espanol)
- What We Have Learned (Old Version and Instrumental)