The twelve little girls refer to the twelve students under Miss Clavel's care at the Paris boarding school. While they were initially unnamed in the original book series apart from its best-known member, Madeline Fogg, the eleven other girls were given names (and thus individual personalities) in subsequent adaptations.
There are 12 school girls in Madeline. They live in a small house in Paris that is covered in vines.
Madeline Fogg: Edit
The smallest of the girls and the title character. She is about 7–8 years old, and is the only redhead. She had her appendix removed in the first story. She is known for being the bravest and most outgoing of the girls.
The others: Edit
- Chloe: Long orange hair.
- Nicole: Short light brown hair.
- Danielle: Curly long, brown hair.
- Yvette: Short blonde hair.
- Nona: Long black hair and dark skin (light skin until season 2).
- Lulu: Short black hair and medium skin.
- Anne: Long brown wavy hair and medium skin (light skin and dark brown hair until season 2).
- Monique: Long brown hair (appears to be a shade of pink hair until season 3).
- Ellie: Black hair and dark skin (originally olive green hair until season 2).
- Jeannie: Dark brown curly hair and medium skin (Originally Blonde hair and light skin until season 3).
- Sylvie: Long brown hair (originally olive green hair until season 3).
- Some of the girls' hair colors changes in different episodes.
- Sometimes they wear blue outfits instead of yellow, but they still wear yellow hats.
- They leave the house at half past nine daily, regardless of the weather.
- Chloe is the only one who goes to the hospital besides Madeline.
- Until season three, only Madeline, Chloe, Nicole, Yvette, and Danielle had been adressed by name.
- In "The Rainbow Brothers presents: The Rainbow Buddies (A Story in the House)" the 12 girls are dressed all in japanese outfits from japan thier are similar to Japanese Singers from "Sumo of the Opera".